How can I report a lot with overgrown weeds and tall grass?
City codes require owners maintain their property so that it does not become unsightly. Weeds and grass allowed to grow in excess of twelve (12”) inches in height are in violation of the City’s codes.

To report a weed/grass violation, call the Codes Administration Department at 816-380-8958, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. The report will be investigated, and if found to be valid, ownership of the property will be verified through the County records. The property owner(s) will then be notified and given a reasonable amount of time to correct the violation. Provided no corrective action has been taken at the end of the prescribed period, the City will authorize its abatement contractor to mow the property, and the property owner(s) will be billed for the work. Provided the property owner(s) does not pay the bill, the costs will be added to the property tax as a special assessment.

Show All Answers

1. Why does Harrisonville have Exterior Property Maintenance codes?
2. What are some of the overall guidelines for structures?
3. What are the overall guidelines for porches, landings, and decks?
4. Are exterior appurtenances covered by codes?
5. What are the guidelines for fencing?
6. What does “grandfathered” mean?
7. How should I store household waste containers?
8. How can I dispose of large items and appliances?
9. Can I build a gravel driveway?
10. Where can I park an over-sized vehicle or my commercial truck?
11. Where can I park or store my cars, boats and other recreational vehicles?
12. What is an inoperable vehicle?
13. How much time is allowed for making home repairs on a vehicle?
14. How can I report a lot with overgrown weeds and tall grass?
15. How can I contact the Codes Administration Department?