During the February 22, Board of Aldermen meeting, an ordinance was passed to amend Code item 405.550 Section F, regarding the storage of vehicles and large equipment.
Here is a list of the changes made by the new ordinance.
- In any zoning district parking or storage of vehicles is permitted only:
1. On a driveway.
2. Inside a completely enclosed structure.
3. On a paved or impervious surface.
4. In the rear of the building. (The vehicle does not have to be upon a paved or impervious surface if it is shielded from public view.)
- No vehicle may be parked or stored on the grass in the front yard area.
- No vehicle may be parked or stored in the right-of-way or easement.
- Recreational vehicles may not be occupied within the City limits for living, sleeping, or cooking purposes for more than fourteen (14) days in a calendar year, unless stipulated by a special use permit.
- Off-street parking areas must be used solely for the parking of operable motor vehicles for patrons, occupants, or employees of the use to which the parking area serves.
- Stored vehicles or equipment shall not protrude into public property or obstruct sidewalks.
- No vehicle shall be parked or stored on an undeveloped lot.
- Exceptions may be granted with prior approval from the Code Enforcement Officer or Building Official.
The new ordinance took effect as soon as it was passed, and will now be enforced by the Code Enforcement Department.
Click here to read the full code section.