Come one, come all, on two legs and four, to the grand opening of the Family Center Farm & Home Dog Park!
The Family Center Farm & Home Dog Park, located next to the basketball courts, within City Park, will host a grand opening celebration and ribbon cutting at 5:15 p.m. on October 13, 2020, after months of collaboration between Harrisonville residents, community organizations, Elected Officials and City staff.
A vivid example of a public/private partnership, funds for the park were raised entirely by generous donations from the Harrisonville community, including a selfless donation from the Mills family and Family Center Farm & Home, who provided all portions of the fence for the park.
"Doggie bags" with gifts for pet and handler, will be handed out following the celebration. (Limit 1 per dog. While supplies last.)
Masks and social distancing are encouraged for all who attend.
We are thrilled about this new opportunity for our community and are excited for you and your furry friends to visit and play!
The Family Center Farm & Home Dog Park will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the spring, summer and fall, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the winter.
Any action not listed in these Rules & Regulations for the Dog Park will fall under Chapter 210 (Animal Regulations) of the Municipal Code of Ordinances for the City of Harrisonville.
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs and their handlers only. No other use or other animals are permitted.
- Dogs that exhibit aggressive behavior are not allowed in the park. Dogs must be removed immediately from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries or damage caused by dog(s) under their control.
- Use the Dog Park at your own risk. The City shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by dogs or handlers in the Dog Park area.
- All animal-to-human bites must be reported to the City of Harrisonville Animal Control Department immediately.
- No dogs under 4 months of age are allowed.
- All dogs visiting the park must be spayed or neutered and have current vaccinations.
- Dogs must always be under voice control of their handler and in view of their handler.
- Dogs must be on leash, a maximum of six feet, when entering and exiting the off-leash staging area.
- Spiked collars are not allowed.
- Children under the age of five are not allowed in the off-leash area.
- Children between the ages of five and 15, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handlers must be a minimum of 16 years old.
- Handlers must always have possession of the dog leash.
- Only two dogs are allowed per handler.
- Handlers must "scoop the poop" and dispose of waste in designated, park-provided containers.
- No glass bottles allowed in the Dog Park.
We would like to extend our most sincere gratitude and appreciation to all those who contributed to this project. Those names include:
DOG PARK AMBASSADORS
- Cathy Faris, Park Board Chair
- Harrisonville Parks & Recreation Board & Foundation
- Harrisonville Rotary Club
- Judy Reece “Bailey”
- Koch-Stigge Veterinary Clinic
- Lori Watson – Edward Jones
- Mayor Judy Bowman
- Monica Wilson, Dog Park Committee Fundraising Chair
- Walmart Community Grant
- Whistle Redi-Mix
DOG PARK CONTRIBUTORS
- American Heritage Realtors – Carol Looney
- Barbara Gillen “Waldo”
- BoShann’s Lawn Service – Shannon Hutson
- Dave & Vicki Tedesco – Dog park Committee4RDOGS
- Helt’s Turf Farms
- Commerce Bancshares Foundation
- Pearson Family Foundation – Charles Weedman
- Sandy & Dale Franklin – Sandy Franklin, Park Board “Daisy”
- Troby’s Maytag Home Appliance Center
- The Costner Family “Scout & Meadow”
- Samuel & Sabrina Clifton
DOG PARK FRIENDS
- Ang’e & John Brown – Memory Sarah Rhea “Acey”
- Fidelity Phone Company
- Karl Frees, DVM & Laura Frees – Laura Frees, Park Board
- Larry & Jean Snyder
- Waldinger Corporation
DOG PARK DONORS
- Applebee’s – Harrisonville
- Atkinson Funeral Home – David Atkinson, Park Board
- ATA, Inc.
- Best Burrito
- Bret Reece, Park Board “Maggie”
- Brick House Coffee Bar & Eatery
- Briggs Traditional Turf Farm Inc.
- Camp Pet Vet – Vet Hospital
- Carol Looney – American Heritage Realtors
- Carl & Sons Turf
- Charles & Saragay Hight
- Charles Sheppard – Dog Park Committee
- Cass Regional Medical Center
- Church & Dwight
- Chris Deal – Parks & Recreation Director
- Commerce Bank
- Connie Raider “Brandy & Max”
- Crouch Spangler & Douglas
- Crown Realty
- Dane & Brenda Basham
- Dave Killpack – Assistant Parks & Recreation Director
- Donna Pfautsch – House of Representatives District 33
- Edvin V. Long, DDS
- Ethy Christman
- Faris Family – Cathy Faris. Park Board Chair
- Franklin & Company, PA
- Fugly’s Bar & Grill
- George Morse – Edward Jones
- Greg Morse – DVM – Harrisonville Animal Clinic
- James H. Miller
- Jeanie Snider
- Kornis Electric Supply, Inc.
- LC Briggs Turf Farm
- Lee & Kristy Harmon – Kristy Harmon, Dog Park Committee
- Liquor King
- Mills Family
- Mitchell & Cincy Greenwell
- Mulvey Family
- Oleo Acres
- Peggy Clum – “Zoey” Granddog
- Raccoon Valley Fisheries
- Reece Nichols-Smith Realty
- Sherwood Community Bank
- Show Me Trucking
- Stafford & Stafford
- Village Car Wash
- Walmart, DC-6605
- Warner, Nease & Bost Architects
- Waters Edge Aquatic Design
- Wilhite & Frees Equine Hospital
- Young’s Tire & Auto