As the City of Harrisonville continues our efforts to maintain quality infrastructure for our community, several roadways will be part of the upcoming 2020 road-resurfacing program.
The program, which will put a layer of micro-surfacing on the roads mentioned below, will be completed by Vance Brothers and will be overseen by the Harrisonville Streets Department.
Crews plan to begin working on Tuesday, September 8, and be finished by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 9.
Here is a look at the work schedule:
September 8 -
- Ann Avenue, from Chapel Lane to James Street
- Elm Street, from Price Avenue to Mechanic Street
- Meadow Court, from Crestwood Drive to Hillside Drive
September 9 -
- Stacy Road, from Meadow Drive to the end of the culdesac
- James Street, from Blueberry Drive to McEowen Elementary School
- Galaxy Drive, from Mechanic Street to Elm Street
During the project, crews will close one lane of traffic on each street until that entire lane is complete. When one side of the road is finished, it will be allowed to cure for about one hour before it will be reopened to traffic. Crews plan to begin work at 8 a.m. each day, with hopes of having the entire street open by 5 p.m., that same day. Throughout both days, flaggers will be present to maintain traffic flow in the affected areas.
Please use caution if traveling in any of these areas, as several workers will be actively working in and around the roadway. Slow down when approaching the work zone and when travelling through it, and please limit any distractions that may cause you not to focus on the roadway.